Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Joy of not being German


Jenna went over to her friend Emma Tracy's house last Friday. As we were driving in the car, I gave her some last minute instructions, you know the kind on being polite, following instructions, being other's minded and so on. Jenna was going to eat dinner at the Tracys so I told her not to tell Mrs. Tracy "I don't like that!" but just to eat what was given to her and say thank you. I then told her a story of when I was little and I went to a new friends house. (I can't remember her name so we must have not been that good of friends.) I told Jenna that my new friend's parents were German and I had lunch over their house. My friend's mom made us lunch and served me a tuna sandwich with butter! I looked at it and almost died but did not say anything. I told Jenna I just ate the sandwich. Jenna was quiet for a moment and then responded "I'm glad the Tracys aren't German!" :-)

No comments: